Tremco PUMA Base Coat R 373 per 6 Gallon Unit
Mfr. Part #: 470373 805
Roll Over To Zoom
Tremco PUMA BC R 373 is a UV-stable, roller-grade base coat material designed to have tenacious adhesion to Tremco PUMA Primer and provide quick turn-around time with cure rates at less than an hour, even in the coldest of temperatures. The material will accommodate movement...View More Details
About This Product
Tremco PUMA BC R 373 is a UV-stable, roller-grade base coat material designed to have tenacious adhesion to Tremco PUMA Primer and provide quick turn-around time with cure rates at less than an hour, even in the coldest of temperatures. The material will accommodate movement and bridge cracks of up to 1/16” (1.5mm).
Tremco PUMA BC R installed over Tremco PUMA Primer can be used as a waterproofing membrane system at terraces, plaza decks, planters, ramps, vertical walls and as a tie-in material directly to hot rubberized asphalt or in flashing applications. Tremco PUMA BC R requires the use of Tremco PUMA Initiator for cure.
- Polyurethane-methacrylate (PUMA) technology delivers extreme durability while maintaining its crack-bridging characteristics
- Rapid set-up times allow for quick overall installation, as well as the ability to open up to foot traffic one hour later
- Can be applied at temperatures below 20 °F, which allows for continuation of projects in the colder months
- Initiator adjustments allow for 30 to 45 min cure time between applications, even at temperatures below freezing
- Compatible with Tremco sealants and coatings, which is essential for tie-ins, detailing and penetrations
- Extremely forgiving application allows users to apply additional coats along after the previous coat has cured
- Unique chemistry allows for easy repair
- Designed for use with the Vulkem EWS and TREMproof PUMA systems
- Commonly used as the waterproofing membrane in buried applications and as the base coat in traffic coating situations
- Commonly used on inclines, vertical transitions, tie-ins and in flashing applications.
Tremco's Polyurethane-Methacrylate (PUMA) Technology provides superior elongation over traditional MMA/PMMA technology systems. These rapid curing systems feature extreme durability, fast cure independent of low temperature, crack bridging, tenacious adhesion and superior abrasion resistance.
Vulkem EWS with PUMA Technology is designed to have tenacious adhesion and extreme abrasion resistance. It possesses the capability to proceed with overburden one hour after application, which expedites construction schedules.
Vulkem Extreme Wearing System
Vulkem PUMA BC R 373 is part of Tremco's Vulkem Extreme Wear System (EWS). Vulkem EWS is a cold-applied system designed for waterproofing concrete slabs and protecting occupied areas underneath from water damage. This waterproofing system is ideal for asphalt overlay.
- Delivers extreme durability while maintaining crack-bridging characteristics, eliminating the need for reinforcing fabric
- 30-to-45-minute cure time between coats; ability to proceed to overburden 1 hour after application
- Can be applied at temperatures as low as 20 °F (-7 °C)
- Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Compatible with approved Tremco sealants and coatings
- Premium waterproofing system backed by an all-inclusive warranty
Q & A
For more information go to