BRM Ultra Block - 1" x 6" x 180' per Bag
Mfr. Part #: IEDA10006
Roll Over To Zoom
ULTRA BLOCK is a pre-engineered, patented textile fiberglass with fiberglass matt facing, containing approximately 30% by weight unexpanded vermiculite. ULTRA BLOCK is primarily used in fire rated construction joints.To be an effective fire blocking joint packing system, a p...View More Details
About This Product
ULTRA BLOCK is a pre-engineered, patented textile fiberglass with fiberglass matt facing, containing approximately 30% by weight unexpanded vermiculite. ULTRA BLOCK is primarily used in fire rated construction joints.
To be an effective fire blocking joint packing system, a product must remain highly resilient and must completely fill the moving joint for a great number of years. In most packed and caulked joints, examination of the resiliency of the forming material is difficult to check, as the material is covered up with sealant. Many joint packing materials, such as mineral wool and ceramic fiber, are not designed to handle joint movement and may fall out or slump in the joint when subjected to continuous joint expansion and contraction. Under fire situations, the fire blocking material must be in the same condition as when it was installed, meaning that the material must completely fill the void in order to block a fire. ULTRA BLOCK has a unique patented, hinged design and composition that remains highly resilient under the most extreme conditions.
ULTRA BLOCK, when used together with an approved sealant, provides a 2-Hour, 3-Hour, or 4-Hour fire rated joint system as designated by design configuration, which is capable of withstanding ± 50% expansion and contraction. Most sealant manufacturers in the United States have tested one or more of their sealants in a UL classified ULTRA BLOCK system ranging in joint size from 1/2” up to 7”. We ask that you verify your sealant selection complies with our UL system design. Approved sealant manufacturers include:
- Dow Corning
- Momentive Performance Materials
- C R Lawrence
- LymTal International
- Pecora Corporation
- Sika Corporation
- BASF Construction Chemical
- Specified Technologies Inc
- EGS Nelson
- Rectorseal Corporation
- IBC – International Building Code
- City of Los Angeles Building Code
- ANSI/UL 2079 – UL Standard for Safety Tests for Fire Resistance of Building Joint Systems
- UL 263-92 – UL Standard for Safety Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL 1479 – UL Standard for Safety Fire Test of Through Penetration Firestops
- UL 723 – UL Standard for Safety Test for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- ASTM E119 – Method for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- ASTM E814 – Methods for Fire Tests of Through Penetration Fire Stops
- ASTM E84 – Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- ASTM E1399 – Test Method of Cyclic Movement and Measuring the Minimum and Maximum joint Widths of Architectural Joint System
- ASTM C719 – Test Method for Adhesion and Cohesion of Elastomeric Joint Sealants Under Cyclic Movement
- ASTM C920 – Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants
- NFPA 251 – Fire Test of Building Construction Materials
- NFPA 255 – Burning Character of Building Materials
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.