Mfr: STI Firestop
SpecSeal Fire Stop Mortar 22 Pound Pail
Mfr. Part #: SSM106
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal SSM Firestop Mortar is a light-weight cost conscious solution for oversized openings in concrete walls and floors. Once mixed with water, SpecSeal Mortar forms a light weight, low density slurry that easily applies into concrete walls and floors. SpecSeal Mortar cur...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal SSM Firestop Mortar is a light-weight cost conscious solution for oversized openings in concrete walls and floors. Once mixed with water, SpecSeal Mortar forms a light weight, low density slurry that easily applies into concrete walls and floors. SpecSeal Mortar cures quickly and will not spall or crack due to freezing or changes in temperature.
- Light weight - less forming and support required
- Fast drying - forms come down faster
- Low density - easy retrofit
- Economical - highest yield per pound means lower installed cost
- Wide range of application - includes aluminum cable tray
- Red color for easy identification and inspection
- Chemical adhesion reduces the need for expensive and time consuming concrete fasteners
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Paintable when dry
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Metal Pipe
- Multi. Pen.
- Plastic Pipe
SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. This product is also used in conjunction with other SpecSeal Firestop Products such as SpecSeal Firestop Collars and Wrap Strips.
SpecSeal Firestop Mortar has been tested for a wide range of penetrants including metallic pipes, cables, cable trays (both steel and aluminum), busways, steel dutcts, as well as combustible penetrants such as plastic pipes or insulated metallic pipes (when used in conjunction with other SpecSeal intumescent products). SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is suitable for openings of all sizes. Its method of application makes it specifically useful for medium to large openings with simple to very complicated combinations of penetrants.
The Firestopping material shall be a light-weight, fast drying portland cement based material. The density of the wet mortar shall be = 53-80 lb./cu. ft. The density of the dry mortar shall be = 24 to 26 lb./cu.ft. The specified mortar shall be approved for a wide range of applications including combustible and noncombustible penetrants when used by itself or in combination with other products from the same manufacturer. The f irestop mortar shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22 22 00 00 Plumbing
- Division 23 23 00 00 HVAC
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical
Q & A
For more information go to