SpecSeal Composite Sheet Assembly 16" x 28"
Mfr. Part #: CS1628
Roll Over To Zoom
The SpecSeal Composite Sheet is a lightweight, rigid fire resistant panel consisting of an intumescent layer bonded to a galvanized steel sheet reinforced with steel wire mesh covered with aluminum foil. SpecSeal Composite Sheet is designed to seal medium to large size openi...View More Details
About This Product
The SpecSeal Composite Sheet is a lightweight, rigid fire resistant panel consisting of an intumescent layer bonded to a galvanized steel sheet reinforced with steel wire mesh covered with aluminum foil. SpecSeal Composite Sheet is designed to seal medium to large size openings with a variety of different penetrants in both fire-resistance rated floors and walls When exposed to temperatures in excess of 350°F (177°C), SpecSeal Composite Sheet expands minimum 15x to form a dense insulative char that minimizes heat transfer.
- Lightweight for easy handling and fabrication and less hanging weight on walls
- Easy to cut using sheet metal tools
- Highly intumescent - expands up to 15x
- Hole reduction - used in conjunction with other SpecSeal or EZ-Path products for reducing large openings
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Metal Pipe
- Multi. Pen.
SpecSeal Composite Sheet is used in conjunction with other STI Firestop Products to seal penetrations through both fire-resistance rated walls and floors for metallic and non-metallic pipes, insulated pipes, cable trays, cables, conduits, steel ducts, busways, or blank openings. SpecSeal Composite Sheet provides an effective seal against fire, smoke, and combustion byproducts for openings of any shape in common construction assemblies.
The composite sheet shall be lightweight panel comprised of an intumescent layer bonded to a galvanized steel sheet reinforced with steel wire mesh covered with aluminum foil. The composite sheet shall provide a minimum 15x free expansion and shall contain no water soluble expansion ingredients. The composite sheet shall be UL Certified and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22, 22 00 00, Plumbing
- Division 23, 23 00 00, HVAC
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.