3M Fire Barrier Cast-in Device for Metal Pipes - 2"
Mfr. Part #: 7100138825
Roll Over To Zoom
3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies. Instead of drilling holes, installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking, pour slabs around them and route penetrants...View More Details
About This Product
3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies. Instead of drilling holes, installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking, pour slabs around them and route penetrants after curing. Heights are easily adjustable, and these intumescent devices are rated for up to 3-hour fire protection.
- Eliminates time and expense of core drilling holes in concrete
- Designed specifically for metal pipes and other metallic through penetrants
- Tear strips allow installers to easily adjust height for various concrete thicknesses
- Installs securely by attaching directly to forms and floor decking
- Rugged one-piece design withstands impact during everyday construction
- Intumescent devices are firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Firestopping through concrete used to mean three things: pouring the concrete, core drilling holes, and firestopping later. Our 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices eliminate the time and expense of firestopping metallic penetrants using extra materials such as pipe devices, strips and caulk. This allows for secure, permanent firestop installation before concrete is poured.
A series of built-in tear strips makes for fast, easy height adjustment in ½ inch increments: using only a pliers, installers can quickly adjust the height of the device from its maximum 8 inches (203.2 mm) to as low as 2-1/2 inches (57.2 mm). The device secures easily to floor decking, and its one-piece design withstands the everyday impact or wear of the construction site. Its white cap, easily visible after the pour, signifies it as a pass-through device for non-metallic penetrants.
- Firestopping of metal pipes — copper, steel, iron, flexible gas, cable bundles
- For concrete thicknesses from 2-1/2 inches (203.2 mm) to 8 inches (57.2 mm) or higher in conjunction with 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices Height Adaptor
- In conjunction with 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor for attaching to fluted decks
Fully Tested and Approved
Our intumescent 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Metal Pipes are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479). They are UL Classified for 2- & 3-hour fire (F) rating, 1- & 3-hour temperature (T) rating. They also meet UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479 (see system details).