SpecSeal Putty 36 Cubic Inch Tube
Mfr. Part #: SSP100
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty excels at sealing cabling penetrations and outlet boxes. SSP Putty is non-hardening and easily hand works around grouped cabling penetrations forming a re-enterable seal allowing for future work. When applied with outlet boxes, SSP Putty easily wo...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty excels at sealing cabling penetrations and outlet boxes. SSP Putty is non-hardening and easily hand works around grouped cabling penetrations forming a re-enterable seal allowing for future work. When applied with outlet boxes, SSP Putty easily works into voids and seams forming a continuous seal against fire and the products of combustion.
- Light weight - less forming and support required
- Fast drying - forms come down faster
- Low density - easy retrofit
- Economical - highest yield per pound means lower installed cost
- Wide range of application - includes aluminum cable tray
- Red color for easy identification and inspection
- Chemical adhesion reduces the need for expensive and time consuming concrete fasteners
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Paintable when dry
- Electrical Box
- Metal Pipe
SpecSeal SSP Putty and Putty Pads are used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. SpecSeal Putty Pads are used to seal around electrical boxes to reduce sound transmission (see Technical Update) and increase fire resistance. These pads also provide a metered method of application when sealing through-penetrations and in some applications, are used to provide a cushion to allow movement due to settling, expansion and contraction, or vibration.
The firestopping putty shall be a one-part, two-stage intumescent, non-hardening compound. The putty, when exposed to high heat or flame shall be capable of expanding a minimum of five times. Range of continuing expansion shall be from 230°F to less than 1,000°F (110°C to less than 538°C). The putty shall be soft and pliable with aggressive adhesion and shall not contain any water-soluble intumescent ingredients. The putty shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479), CAN/ULC-S115 and UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA 251).
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical
- Division 27 27 00 00 Communications
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.