SpecSeal Putty 36 Cubic Inch Tube
Mfr. Part #: SSP100
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty excels at sealing cabling penetrations and outlet boxes. SSP Putty is non-hardening and easily hand works around grouped cabling penetrations forming a re-enterable seal allowing for future work. When applied with outlet boxes, SSP Putty easily wo...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty excels at sealing cabling penetrations and outlet boxes. SSP Putty is non-hardening and easily hand works around grouped cabling penetrations forming a re-enterable seal allowing for future work. When applied with outlet boxes, SSP Putty easily works into voids and seams forming a continuous seal against fire and the products of combustion.
- Light weight - less forming and support required
- Fast drying - forms come down faster
- Low density - easy retrofit
- Economical - highest yield per pound means lower installed cost
- Wide range of application - includes aluminum cable tray
- Red color for easy identification and inspection
- Chemical adhesion reduces the need for expensive and time consuming concrete fasteners
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Paintable when dry
- Electrical Box
- Metal Pipe
SpecSeal SSP Putty and Putty Pads are used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. SpecSeal Putty Pads are used to seal around electrical boxes to reduce sound transmission (see Technical Update) and increase fire resistance. These pads also provide a metered method of application when sealing through-penetrations and in some applications, are used to provide a cushion to allow movement due to settling, expansion and contraction, or vibration.
The firestopping putty shall be a one-part, two-stage intumescent, non-hardening compound. The putty, when exposed to high heat or flame shall be capable of expanding a minimum of five times. Range of continuing expansion shall be from 230°F to less than 1,000°F (110°C to less than 538°C). The putty shall be soft and pliable with aggressive adhesion and shall not contain any water-soluble intumescent ingredients. The putty shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479), CAN/ULC-S115 and UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA 251).
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical
- Division 27 27 00 00 Communications