Specseal LCI Intumescent Firestop Sealant Quart Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: LCI329
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal LCI Sealant is a versatile and economical intumescent sealant that has excellent caulking properties as well as high build properties on vertical or overhead surfaces. This single component sealant may be caulked (standard cartridge or bulk loaded), knifed or trowel...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal LCI Sealant is a versatile and economical intumescent sealant that has excellent caulking properties as well as high build properties on vertical or overhead surfaces. This single component sealant may be caulked (standard cartridge or bulk loaded), knifed or troweled. In addition, SpecSeal LCI Sealant does not contain PCB’s or asbestos.
SpecSeal LCI Sealant is storage stable (when stored according to the manufacturer’s recommendations), and will not separate or shrink when dried (when applied according to the manufacturer's recommendations). SpecSeal LCI Sealant will adhere to all common construction and penetrant materials and contains no solvents that might adversely effect plastic pipes or cable jackets.
- Economical: high performance without the high price
- Highly intumescent: expands up to 10 times
- Excellent smoke seal
- Water resistant: will not re-emulsify when dry
- Water-based for easy installation, cleanup, and disposal
- Acoustically tested: reduces noise transmission
- Safe, low VOC's, no asbestos, no PCB's, no inorganic fibers
- Paintable when dry
- Auto bonding
- High solids formula - minimal shrinkage
- Meets LEEDTM v3, v4, & v4.1 requirements. Low emitting materials credit. See general LEED letter for additional applicable credits.
SpecSeal LCI Sealant has a broad application base designed to seal a wide variety of common penetrations and construction joints. Penetrant types include: Metallic penetrants (steel, iron, copper pipe, copper tubing, steel conduit and EMT) up to 36 in (914 mm) trade size; Non-metallic penetrants (Conduits & Tubing including PVC, CPVC, ABS, and PEX); Insulated pipes including heating, cooling, and condensation applications; Common electrical service and power distribution (service entrance, cable trays, busways), telephone, data, and TV cabling; Structural Steel and Metal Ductwork including HVAC, bath and dryer vents. This product is also used in conjunction with other SpecSeal Products such as SpecSeal Firestop Collars and Wrap Strips to protect larger plastic pipes.
The firestopping sealant shall be a water-resistant, intumescent latex sealant. The sealant when exposed to high heat or flame shall exhibit a free expansion of up to 10 times its original volume. The firestopping sealant shall contain no water soluble nor hygroscopic ingredients and shall be acoustically tested. The sealant shall be UL Certified and/or FM approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479), CAN/ULC-S115 and shall meet Class A finish requirements when tested in accordance with ASTM E84 (UL723).
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- ASTM E84 (UL723)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 7 07 84 43 Joint Firestopping
- Division 22 22 00 00 Plumbing
- Division 23 23 00 00 HVAC
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical