SpecSeal Latex Endothermic Sealant per Quart Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: LC129
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal LC Endothermic Sealant is a latex-based gun grade firestop sealant for construction joints and non-combustible penetrations. After application, LC Sealant cures to form a flexible seal against the propagation of fire. Under fire exposure, LC absorbs heat and release...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal LC Endothermic Sealant is a latex-based gun grade firestop sealant for construction joints and non-combustible penetrations. After application, LC Sealant cures to form a flexible seal against the propagation of fire. Under fire exposure, LC absorbs heat and release water vapor resisting the progress of smoke and flame.
- Water-based - easy installation, cleanup, & disposal
- Endothermic fillers - absorb heat & release water
- High solids formula - minimal shrinkage
- Paintable when dry
- Safe, low VOC’s, no asbestos, no PCB’s, no inorganic fibers
- Red color - easy identification and inspection
- Installer friendly - excellent caulking properties along with high build capabilities
- Excellent smoke seal
- Auto bonding
- Meets LEEDTM v3, v4, & v4.1 requirements. Low emitting materials credit.
- Blank Opening
- Bottom of Wall
- Floor to Floor
- Floor to Wall
- Head of Wall
- Metal Pipe
- Wall to Wall
SpecSeal LC Sealant is designed primarily for sealing construction joints and gaps as well as penetrations for noncombustible penetrants. SpecSeal LC has been tested and approved for single metallic pipe penetrations up to 30” (762 mm) as well as multiple penetrants through both masonry and gypsum wallboard constructions. Additional systems have been tested for steel sleeved penetrations as well as some common electrical and communications cable penetrations and joint penetrations.
The firestopping sealant shall be a one-part, latex-based compound. The sealant shall dry to form a flexible non-shrinking penetration seal and shall be capable of allowing pipe movement and shall contain no water soluble fillers, or inorganic fibers. The sealant shall be thixotropic and shall be capable of caulking or troweling onto vertical surfaces or overhead. The sealant shall be UL Certified and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479), ASTM E1966 (UL2079) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- ASTM E1966 (UL2079)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 7 07 84 43 Joint Firestopping
- Division 22 22 00 00 Plumbing
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical