SpecSeal 2" Firestop Split Sleeve
Mfr. Part #: FSR200
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal Ready Split Sleeve kits easily install around existing cables. Each Ready Split Sleeve kit includes two preformed steel sleeve halves with rolled edges, steel escutcheon plates with intumescent gaskets, and a dosage of our SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty. Ready Split Sl...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal Ready Split Sleeve kits easily install around existing cables. Each Ready Split Sleeve kit includes two preformed steel sleeve halves with rolled edges, steel escutcheon plates with intumescent gaskets, and a dosage of our SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty. Ready Split Sleeve's two-piece body and plates easily capture previously installed cables while tightly fastening to the penetrated barrier.
- Split design - for use with existing cables
- Oversize openings - UL tested for larger and irregularly shaped openings
- Ready to install - no cutting required, no waste
- Locks into place - no support struts and clamps required
- No external firestop seal required - factory supplied intumescent firestop gasket
- Firestop putty provided with kit - sufficient to seal ends to 1 in (25 mm) depth
- UL Certified and code compliant
- For rated and non-rated barriers - putty seal impedes the passage of fire, smoke, superheated gases, particulate dust, and minimizes noise transmission
Ready split sleeves are used to protect or support cables in both non-rated and rated construction. Ready split sleeves are suitable for use in all common constructions including concrete floors, concrete walls, concrete block walls, and gypsum board/stud wall assemblies up to 10 in (250 mm) thick.
All data, video, communication, power, and control cabling shall be installed through sleeves wherever said cables penetrate fire resistance rated barriers. In the case of existing cable installation, a split sleeve device with corresponding split escutcheon plates to facilitate installation around existing cables shall be used. Sleeves shall be sized to accommodate present cable bundle diameter as well as anticipated growth. Split sleeve kit provided with intumescent gaskets and non-hardening intumescent firestop putty. When irregularly shaped openings are encountered, the split sleeve device shall be UL tested and certified for this purpose. The split sleeve device shall be UL Certified and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115. Split sleeve kit shall be UL tested in larger or irregularly shaped openings and include provisions for mounting device in such openings.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 23, 23 00 00, HVAC
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical