SpecSeal 4" Firestop Ready Sleeve
Mfr. Part #: FS400
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal Ready Sleeves are designed for new cabling penetrations where sleeves are required. Each Ready Sleeve kit includes a preformed steel sleeve with rolled edges, steel escutcheon plates with intumescent gaskets, and a dosage of our SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty. The roll...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal Ready Sleeves are designed for new cabling penetrations where sleeves are required. Each Ready Sleeve kit includes a preformed steel sleeve with rolled edges, steel escutcheon plates with intumescent gaskets, and a dosage of our SpecSeal SSP Firestop Putty. The rolled edges of each Ready Sleeve eliminate the need for bushings while the included escutcheon plates and gaskets take the place of steel strut and strap supports.
- Economical - offers significant material and labor savings
- Ready to install - no cutting required, no waste
- Locks into place - no support struts and clamps required
- No external firestop seal required - factory supplied intumescent firestop gasket
- Firestop putty provided with kit - sufficient to seal ends to 1” (25 mm) depth
- UL Certified and code compliant
- For rated and non-rated barriers - putty seal impedes the passage of fire, smoke, superheated gases, particulate dust, and minimizes noise transmission
SpecSeal Ready Sleeve Pathways are used to protect or support cables in both non-rated and rated construction. SpecSeal Ready Sleeve Pathways are suitable for use in all common constructions including concrete floors, concrete walls, concrete block walls, and gypsum board/stud wall assemblies up to 10” (254 mm) thick.
All data, video, communication, power, and control cables shall be installed through sleeves wherever said cables penetrate fire resistance rated barriers. The sleeve shall be sized to accommodate the present cable bundle as well as anticipated growth. The sleeve kit shall include steel escutcheon plates and intumescent firestop gaskets sized to fit the specific outside diameter of the sleeve and sandwich the barrier to lock said sleeve in place. The sleeve shall be provided with a sufficient thickness of intumescent firestop putty to seal the ends of the sleeve to restrict the passage of fire, smoke, and superheated gases. The firestop sleeve shall be UL Certified and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 23, 23 00 00, HVAC
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical