Vulkem 116 Single-Component, Textured Polyurethane Sealant - 10 Ounce Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: URETH00426-EA
Roll Over To Zoom
Tremco Vulkem 116 Textured Polyurethane Sealant is a single-component, moisture-curing, gun-grade polyurethane sealant. Vulkem 116 polyurethane sealant is an excellent general-purpose sealant designed for use on poured or precast concrete, masonry work, window perimeters, do...View More Details
- $8.35 $10.29 Save $1.94 (18%)GE SCS2000 SilPruf Sealant Fixed Tip 10 Ounce Cartridge
About This Product
Tremco Vulkem 116 Textured Polyurethane Sealant is a single-component, moisture-curing, gun-grade polyurethane sealant. Vulkem 116 polyurethane sealant is an excellent general-purpose sealant designed for use on poured or precast concrete, masonry work, window perimeters, door perimeters, and similar types of construction joints. Vulkem 116 is approved for exterior use only. Vulkem 116 has a 30-year history of delivering superior primerless adhesion to porous substrates, which makes it the choice for sealing expansion joints in commercial construction applications.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for certain water immersion applications
- Rated for +/-25% movement capability
- Cure can be accelerated with the addition of the Vulkem Catalyst 45/116
- Durable, flexible, and offers excellent performance in dynamic joints
- 30-year history of delivering superior primerless adhesion to porous substrates, which makes it the choice for sealing expansion joints in commercial construction applications
- The cure of the sealant can be accelerated with the addition of the Vulkem Catalyst 45/116.
- Vulkem caulk is easy to apply with conventional caulking equipment. Ensure that the backer rod is friction-fitted properly and any primers have been applied.
- Fill the joint completely with a proper width-to-depth ratio, and then tool to ensure intimate contact of sealant with joint walls.
- Dry tooling is always preferred, although xylene can be used in limited amounts to slick the spatula if needed.
- For a cleaner finish, mask the sides of the joint with tape prior to filling.
Vulkem 116 Colors
Almond, Aluminum, Aluminum Stone, Anodized Aluminum, , Beige, Black, Bronze, Buff, Dark Bronze, Gray, Ivory, Limestone, Natural Clay, Redwood Tan, Stone, White.
Vulkem 116 generally cures at a rate of 1/16" (2 mm) per day at 75 °F (24°C) and 50% RH. It will skin in 5 hr and be tack free in 30 hr. The cure time will increase as temperatures and/or humidity decrease. A good rule of thumb is one additional day for every 10 °F decrease in temperature.
Vulkem 116 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications:
- ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use T, NT, M, A, I class II, and O
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Class A, Type II
- USDA regulation for indirect food contact
- City of Los Angeles (COLA) approval standard
- Do not apply Vulkem 116 over damp, green or contaminated surfaces
- Vulkem 116 is approved for exterior use only. Do not use this product inside an occupied building even if there are no occupants present during use.
- Always utilize the Vulkem 116 SDS for information on proper ventilation, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other health concerns
- Do not use in chlorinated, potable, heavy or waste water
- Although this product is paintable, this does not imply adhesion to and compatibility with all paints. Please refer to Tremco Technical Bulletin No.S-09-05 for more information.
Excess sealant and smears adjacent to the joint interface can be carefully removed with xylene or mineral spirits before the sealant cures. Any utensils used for tooling can also be cleaned with xylene or mineral spirits.
Tremco warrants its Products to be free of defects in materials, but makes no warranty as to appearance or color. Since methods of application and on-site conditions are beyond our control and can affect performance, Tremco makes no other warranty, expressed or implied including warranties of MERCHANTABILITY and FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE with respect to Tremco Products. Tremco’s sole obligation shall be, at its option, to replace or refund the purchase price of the quantity of Tremco Products proven to be defective, and Tremco shall not be liable for any loss or damage.
Q & A
For more information go to