Sika Sikaflex 1A Polyurethane Elastomeric Joint Sealant and Adhesive - 10 Ounce Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: -
Roll Over To Zoom
Sika Sikaflex 1A Polyurethane Sealant is a premium-grade, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, non-sag elastomeric construction joint caulk. Sikaflex-1a can be used in green and damp concrete applications. Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A. ...View More Details
- $6.49 $6.60 Save $0.11 (1%)Vulkem 116 Single-Component, Textured Polyurethane Sealant - 10 Ounce Cartridge
About This Product
Sika Sikaflex 1A Polyurethane Sealant is a premium-grade, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, non-sag elastomeric construction joint caulk. Sikaflex-1a can be used in green and damp concrete applications. Meets Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A. Meets ASTM C-920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, use T, NT, O, M, G, I, A. Canadian standard CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87. This sealant is used in general purpose perimeter seals, construction control joints, expansion joints, tilt up or precast panel joints, swimming pool coping joints, flashing details, cant joints, external perimeter joints seals, and general construction weather seal applications. For use in vertical or horizontal joint applications.
Sika Sikaflex 1a polyurethane / urethane sealant and adhesive can be used in many general construction applications. Typical applications include wall to wall, wall to curb, curb and drain terminations. It is also used as a waterproof seal at pipe penetrations, under urethane deck coating systems in the detail work, and under certain metal flashings prior to coating application. Easy installation application via standard caulking gun or dispenser capable of handling a standard 10 ounce cartridge or 20 ounce sausage.
If you are looking for a self leveling version for use in concrete or masonry cracks, sidewalk crack repairs then Sika Sikaflex 1C SL is a great option as a concrete crack fill waterproof polyurethane caulking. This is a great general use sealant for most home improvement applications requiring a flexible, non sag, waterproof caulk with great elongation, adhesion, tear resistance after full cure.
Characteristics / Advantages
- Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment
- Fast tack-free and final cure times
- High elasticity - cures to a tough, durable, flexible consistency with exceptional cut and tear -resistance
- Excellent adhesion - bonds to most construction materials without a primer
- Excellent resistance to aging, weathering
- Proven in tough climates around the world
- Can be applied to green concrete 24 hours after pour
- Can be applied to damp concrete 1 hour after getting wet
- Odorless, non-staining
- Jet fuel resistant
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for potable water
- Urethane-based; suggested by EPA for radon reduction
- Paintable with water-, oil- and rubber-based paints
- Capable of ±35% joint movement
- Sikaflex 1a can be painted after sealant is fully cured. This is paintable.
- Designed for all types of joints where maximum depth of sealant will not exceed 1/2 in. and 1-1/2" in width.
- Excellent for small joints and fillets, windows, door frames, reglets, flashing, common roofing detail applications, and many construction adhesive applications.
- Has many applications as an elastic adhesive between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion.
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal joints; readily placeable at 40°F Has many applications as an elastic adhesive between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion.
- Submerged conditions, such as canal and reservoir joints.
- Green or Damp concrete condition application
- View the documents tab to review all relevant product documents such as: Product Data Sheet, Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and colors charts.
Allow 1-week cure at standard conditions when using Sikaflex-1a in total water immersion situations and prior to painting.
Approvals / Standards
- ASTM C 920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, use NT, A, M
- Federal specification TT-S-00230 C Type II, Class A
- Canadian Standard CANICGSB 19.13-M87
- Certified to NSF/ANSI standard 61 for portable water
- 10.1 fluid ounce cardboard cartridge
- 20 fluid ounce foil (uni-pack) sausage - Sika Sikaflex 1a Polyurethane Sealant 20 Ounce Sausage
Sika Sikaflex 1a is available in many standard colors such as: Aluminum Gray, Black, Capital Tan, Colonial White, Dark Bronze, Limestone, Medium Bronze, Stone, White, and custom colors are available upon request.
Q & A
For more information go to
Ratings & Reviews
by john v
best of the best
by PATIO PALACE INC -
it work perfect
really good product
by XJ -
Excellent product at a great price