Mfr: EMSEAL Joint Systems
Emseal QuietJoint SHG 2" Joint x 6.56' Stick
Mfr. Part #: SHG-0200
Roll Over To Zoom
Emseal Quietjoint SHG - 2" Acoustic Joint Filler and Partition Closure An acoustic joint filler, QuietJoint is a mass-loaded sound, draft, heat, cold, and dust blocking acoustic partition closure and joint filler for interior, non-moving joints and gaps.It is a non-mechanica...View More Details
About This Product
Emseal Quietjoint SHG - 2"
Acoustic Joint Filler and Partition Closure
An acoustic joint filler, QuietJoint is a mass-loaded sound, draft, heat, cold, and dust blocking acoustic partition closure and joint filler for interior, non-moving joints and gaps.It is a non-mechanical, high-STC (Sound Transmission Class), non-invasively anchored closure that quickly and easily mates partitions to windows, mullions, or stud walls.
QuietJoint blocks sound transmission between rooms. It comes in colors, is versatile, and ideally suited as a closure for gaps between the ends of permanent, semi-permanent, or movable partitions, window-wall, curtain-wall, head-of-wall and other conditions.
QuietJoint features a mass-loaded fire-resistant foam core coated with a high-grade silicone. The foam core is a custom-density open-cell foam infused with a fire-resistant, acrylic-based mass-loading agent.
Supplied just larger than the field-measured joint gap, QuietJoint is hand compressed and squeezed into the opening. The edges of the silicone coating are tucked tight to the substrate to complete a clean finish.
- Mass-loaded acoustic seal (STC-53, OITC-38, ASTM E-90)
- Fire-resistant (Smoke and Flame Spread Class A, ASTM E-84-12)
- Insulates (R-value 2.85/in depth, ASTM C-518-04)
- Sound attenuating
- Rapid installation–new or retrofit
- Non-invasive anchoring
- Aesthetically and practically versatile
- Easily handles curves
- Helps control HVAC balance between rooms
- End of partition to window (SHG 3-sided coating)
- End of partition to mullion (SHH 2-sided coating)
- End of partition to wall (SHH)
- Head of wall (SHH)
- To block any flanking path
- To fill construction-created voids and gaps
1″ (25mm) to 6″ (150mm)