3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes - 4"
Mfr. Part #: 7100138819
Roll Over To Zoom
3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are designed to provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies, and are a proven alternative to core drilling holes. Installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking,...View More Details
About This Product
3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are designed to provide one-step firestopping for penetrations through fire-rated concrete floor assemblies, and are a proven alternative to core drilling holes. Installers simply attach the devices directly to floor decking, pour concrete around them and route penetrants after the concrete cures. Heights are adjustable in half-inch (13 mm) increments.
- Eliminates time and expense of core drilling holes in concrete
- Designed specifically for plastic pipes and other non-metallic through penetrants
- Tear strips allow installers to easily adjust height for various concrete thicknesses
- Installs securely by attaching directly to forms and floor decking
- Rugged one-piece design withstands impact during everyday construction
- Intumescent devices are firestop tested for up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
Simply a Better Way to Firestop
Firestopping through concrete used to mean three things: pouring the concrete, core drilling holes, and firestopping later. 3M's Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes eliminate the time and expense of firestopping non-metallic penetrants using extra materials such as pipe devices, intumescent strips, and caulk. This allows for a more secure, permanent firestop installation before concrete is poured.
A series of built-in tear strips makes for fast, easy height adjustment in ½ inch increments: using only a pliers, installers can quickly adjust the height of the device from its maximum 8 inches (203.2 mm) to as low as 2-1/2 inches (57.2 mm). The device secures easily to floor decking, and its one-piece design withstands the everyday impact or wear of the construction site. Its white cap, easily visible after the pour, signifies it as a pass-through device for non-metallic penetrants.
- Firestopping of plastic pipes — ccPVC, PVC, ENT, CPVC, FRPP, PVDF, ccABS, ABS, rigid non-metallic, PEX
- For concrete thicknesses from 2-1/2 inches (203.2 mm) to 8 inches (57.2 mm) or higher in conjunction with 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices Height Adaptor
- In conjunction with 3M Fire Barrier Cast-In Device Metal Deck Adaptor for attaching to fluted decks
Fully Tested and Approved
3M's intumescent Fire Barrier Cast-In Devices for Plastic Pipes are firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479). They are UL Classified for 2- and 3-hour fire (F) rating, and 1- and 3-hour temperature (T) rating. They also meet UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating - Class 1 requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479 (see system details).
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.