Xypex Concentrate DS-1 per Pail of 60 Pounds
Concentrate DS-1 is formulated specifically for waterproofing and to provide protection from aggressive chemicals.
Xypex Concentrate DS-1 and DS-2 are Xypex "dryshake" products installed into the horizontal surface of freshly laid concrete.
Concentrate DS becomes an integral part of the concrete surface thereby eliminating problems normally associated with coatings (e.g. scaling, dusting, flaking and delamination). The active chemicals react with the moisture of the fresh concrete causing a catalytic reaction which generates a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete.
- Sewage and Water Treatment Plants
- Foundation Slabs
- Bridge Decks
- Below-grade Parking Structures
For concrete surfaces that are subject to heavy traffic conditions or that require increased resistance to impact and abrasion, please consult with a Xypex Technical Services Representative regarding the use of Xypex Concentrate DS-2.
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure from either positive or negative surface of the concrete slab
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals
- Can seal static hairline cracks up to 0.4 mm
- Allows concrete to breathe
- Non-toxic / no VOCs
- Less costly to apply than most other methods
- Increases flexibility in the construction schedule