SpecSeal SSS Intumescent Sealant Quart Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: SSS129
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal SSS Firestop Sealant is a premium grade water-based Intumescent firestop sealant. SpecSeal SSS Sealant incorporates our proprietary two-stage intumescent technology making it the go to choice for any combustible or non-combustible penetrants. As little as a 1/2" app...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal SSS Firestop Sealant is a premium grade water-based Intumescent firestop sealant. SpecSeal SSS Sealant incorporates our proprietary two-stage intumescent technology making it the go to choice for any combustible or non-combustible penetrants. As little as a 1/2" applied depth of SSS Sealant is required to provide up to a 4 Hr Fire resistance rating when tested to ASTM E814/UL 1479.
- Water-based - easy installation, cleanup, and disposal
- Two-stage intumescence - extremely fast and directionalized expansion
- Endothermic fillers - absorb heat & release water
- High solids formula - minimal shrinkage
- Sandable & paintable (when dry)
- Water-resistant - will not re-emulsify when dry
- Safe for contact with plastics
- Red color - easy identification and inspection
- Multi-viscosity grade - excellent caulking properties along with high build capabilities
- Excellent smoke seal • Non-halogenated
- Safe, no asbestos, no PCB's, no inorganic fibers
- Meets LEEDTM v3 requirements. Low emitting materials credit.
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Head of Wall
- Metal Pipe
- Multi. Pen.
- Plastic Pipe
SpecSeal SSS Sealant is used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. SpecSeal SSS has been tested for use with metallic penetrants up to 36 in (914 mm) trade size. This product is also used with other SpecSeal Products such as SpecSeal Firestop Collars and Wrap Strips. Tested and Certified for Fire Resistance: Metallic Pipes including steel, iron, or copper pipe and tubing through all common constructions. Nonmetallic Pipes, Conduits & Tubing including PVC, CPVC, PVDF, PEX, PEX-AL-PEX, ABS, PB through all common constructions. Cable, Cable Trays & Bus Duct, HVAC Ductwork, Insulated Pipes. Multi-Service Penetrations including AC line sets, electrical, telephone, or TV service entrance and interior penetrations. Complete Wood Floor f irestopping package for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, TV and telephone.
The firestopping sealant shall be a one-part, two-stage intumescent latex compound. The sealant when exposed to high heat or flame shall be capable of expanding a minimum of 8 times. Range of continuing expansion shall be from 230°F to less than 1,000°F (110°C to less than 538°C). The sealant shall be thixotropic and shall be capable of caulking or troweling onto vertical surfaces or overhead. The sealant shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22 22 00 00 Plumbing
- Division 23 23 00 00 HVAC
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.
For more information go to