SpecSeal SSS Intumescent Sealant 10 Ounce Cartridge
Mfr. Part #: SSS100
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal SSS Firestop Sealant is a premium grade water-based Intumescent firestop sealant. SpecSeal SSS Sealant incorporates our proprietary two-stage intumescent technology making it the go to choice for any combustible or non-combustible penetrants. As little as a 1/2" app...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal SSS Firestop Sealant is a premium grade water-based Intumescent firestop sealant. SpecSeal SSS Sealant incorporates our proprietary two-stage intumescent technology making it the go to choice for any combustible or non-combustible penetrants. As little as a 1/2" applied depth of SSS Sealant is required to provide up to a 4 Hr Fire resistance rating when tested to ASTM E814/UL 1479.
- Water-based - easy installation, cleanup, and disposal
- Two-stage intumescence - extremely fast and directionalized expansion
- Endothermic fillers - absorb heat & release water
- High solids formula - minimal shrinkage
- Sandable & paintable (when dry)
- Water-resistant - will not re-emulsify when dry
- Safe for contact with plastics
- Red color - easy identification and inspection
- Multi-viscosity grade - excellent caulking properties along with high build capabilities
- Excellent smoke seal • Non-halogenated
- Safe, no asbestos, no PCB's, no inorganic fibers
- Meets LEEDTM v3 requirements. Low emitting materials credit.
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Head of Wall
- Metal Pipe
- Multi. Pen.
- Plastic Pipe
SpecSeal SSS Sealant is used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. SpecSeal SSS has been tested for use with metallic penetrants up to 36 in (914 mm) trade size. This product is also used with other SpecSeal Products such as SpecSeal Firestop Collars and Wrap Strips. Tested and Certified for Fire Resistance: Metallic Pipes including steel, iron, or copper pipe and tubing through all common constructions. Nonmetallic Pipes, Conduits & Tubing including PVC, CPVC, PVDF, PEX, PEX-AL-PEX, ABS, PB through all common constructions. Cable, Cable Trays & Bus Duct, HVAC Ductwork, Insulated Pipes. Multi-Service Penetrations including AC line sets, electrical, telephone, or TV service entrance and interior penetrations. Complete Wood Floor f irestopping package for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, TV and telephone.
The firestopping sealant shall be a one-part, two-stage intumescent latex compound. The sealant when exposed to high heat or flame shall be capable of expanding a minimum of 8 times. Range of continuing expansion shall be from 230°F to less than 1,000°F (110°C to less than 538°C). The sealant shall be thixotropic and shall be capable of caulking or troweling onto vertical surfaces or overhead. The sealant shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7 07 84 13 Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22 22 00 00 Plumbing
- Division 23 23 00 00 HVAC
- Division 26 26 00 00 Electrical
Q & A
For more information go to