SpecSeal Fire Stop Mortar Per 22 Pound Bag
Mfr. Part #: SSM22B
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is an economical, light-weight Portland cement-based firestop product. This passive (non-intumescent) material utilizes a combination of heat sinking and insulating properties to provide an extremely high level of fire resistance. SpecSeal Firestop M...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is an economical, light-weight Portland cement-based firestop product. This passive (non-intumescent) material utilizes a combination of heat sinking and insulating properties to provide an extremely high level of fire resistance. SpecSeal Firestop Mortar mixes with water to form a non-shrinking, high yield mortar that may be applied by pouring, pumping, or troweling.
Its low density and light weight means that less forming as well as less forming support is required. Its low density also makes re-penetration for retrofitting a simple task. SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is designed to dry quickly and will not crack or spall due to freezing or changes in temperature. Its adhesion is due to a chemical bond thus most installations require little or no mechanical anchoring.
- Light weight - less forming and support required
- Fast drying - forms come down faster
- Low density - easy retrofit
- Economical - highest yield per pound means lower installed cost
- Wide range of application - includes aluminum cable tray
- Red color for easy identification and inspection
- Chemical adhesion reduces the need for expensive and time consuming concrete fasteners
- Versatile performer for a wide range of complex applications
- Paintable when dry
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Metal Pipe
- Multi. Pen.
- Plastic Pipe
SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is used to seal through-penetrations as well as construction gaps and blank openings. This product is also used in conjunction with other SpecSeal Firestop Products such as SpecSeal Firestop Collars and Wrap Strips. SpecSeal Firestop Mortar has been tested for a wide range of penetrants including metallic pipes, cables, cable trays (both steel and aluminum), busways, steel dutcts, as well as combustible penetrants such as plastic pipes or insulated metallic pipes (when used in conjunction with other SpecSeal intumescent products). SpecSeal Firestop Mortar is suitable for openings of all sizes. Its method of application makes it specifically useful for medium to large openings with simple to very complicated combinations of penetrants.
The Firestopping material shall be a light-weight, fast drying portland cement based material. The density of the wet mortar shall be = 53-80 lb./cu. ft. The density of the dry mortar shall be = 24 to 26 lb./cu.ft. The specified mortar shall be approved for a wide range of applications including combustible and noncombustible penetrants when used by itself or in combination with other products from the same manufacturer. The f irestop mortar shall be UL Certified and/or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22, 22 00 00, Plumbing
- Division 23, 23 00 00, HVAC
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.
For more information go to