SpecSeal EP45 Putty Pad 4-1/2 x 4-1/2" x 1/8"
Mfr. Part #: EP45
Roll Over To Zoom
The SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box insert is a one-component pad for use in electrical switch or receptacle boxes. The intumescent insert has been designed to install inside the box, directly against the back wall. SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box inserts expan...View More Details
About This Product
The SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box insert is a one-component pad for use in electrical switch or receptacle boxes. The intumescent insert has been designed to install inside the box, directly against the back wall. SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box inserts expands a minimum 24 times its original size when exposed to high temperatures or flames.
Requiring no tools, SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box inserts are conveniently sized to fit typical switch or outlet boxes and features an adhesive strip applied to the back of the pad to ensure adhesion to the back of an electrical box. SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box inserts are easily applied into an existing box with no mess or residue.
- Easy to install in the field or in the shop
- No mess, no residue, no clean-up required
- Rapid expansion - quickly seals off the passage of fire and smoke
- High volume char - minimum to 24x
- Water resistant - no soluble or hygroscopic ingredients
- Conveniently sized - fits common switch and receptacle boxes
- Non-conductive - safe for use inside box
- Easy retrofit - can be used for boxes installed in existing walls
- Low profile - maximizes area inside box
- Labor savings - installs before or after wallboard installation
- Electrical Box
SpecSeal EP Powershield electrical box inserts are used to protect an electrical box and maintain fire-resistance ratings of wall assemblies, when the horizontal separation between metallic boxes on opposite sides of the wall is less than 24 in (610 mm), the size of the box exceeds 16 in2 (103 cm2), or the area of such openings does exceed 100 in2 (645 cm2) for any 100 ft2 (9.3 m2) of enclosure wall area. See CLIV for more information.
The firestopping insert pad shall be a one-part intumescent material requiring no tools or curing time. The pad, when exposed to high temperatures or flames, shall provide a minimum of 24X free expansion and shall contain no water-soluble expansion ingredients. The insert pad shall be UL Certified and tested to the requirements of UL263
- UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA 251)
- Division 7, 07 84 00, Firestopping
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical
Shipping & Returns
Sunshine Supply prides itself on providing only the best waterproofing products to the construction industry. Unfortunately, products we offer may not always meet our customers expectations. If this is the case, we are happy to accept your return and help you find a product that better fits your needs. (see return policy below)
If the reason for your return is a result of a mistake made by Sunshine Supply, we will provide a full product refund along with all tax, shipping, and handling fees applicable to your sale. Return shipping, if necessary, will be processed and scheduled by Sunshine Supply. Please, do not send back your products without consulting a customer service representative first to ensure a quick and easy refund.
Please inform Sunshine Supply immediately if any of your items are missing or damaged upon arrival. Make sure to notate all damages on the shipping receiver from our carriers or Sunshine Supply’s packing slip.
In the event we are unable to accept return of a product due to damage or leaking material. Sunshine Supply will provide a full refund, assuming it meets eligibility of our return policy, but expect the customer to dispose of the materials following all Southern California disposal guidelines.
Returns are fast and easy, but we do have a couple exceptions for products to be eligible for return. The exceptions are as follows:
- The original purchase date must be 30 days or less. Returns may be subject, but not limited to, a 20% restock fee if the return is made after 30 days. Returns older than 60 days will not be accepted.
- The product is in original, unopened manufactures packaging.
- The product is not expired or close to its expiration date.
- If applicable, product lot/batch number is clearly visible and matching the original sale lot/batch number.
- Not all returns are the same and it is difficult to outline every instance that meets return eligibility. If your return does not meet the requirements above please give us a call and we will attempt to remedy the situation in some other way. The satisfaction of our customers is Sunshine Supply’s top concern.
Here is some legal jargon from our Terms and Conditions:
RETURN OF PRODUCTS
Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. is under no obligation to accept return of products purchased by customer whether or not they are special order. Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. may, in its sole discretion, accept a return of products and provide a credit to the customer’s account if (I) the products were purchased from Sunshine Supply Co., Inc., (II) the product is not visibly defective or impaired or have expired expiration dates, (III) the product is returned within thirty (30) days of the date of sale, and (IV) the product is in the original manufacturer’s packaging with Lot/Batch number clearly legible and matching the original sale. If Sunshine Supply Co., Inc. accepts the return of product, a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price shall be deducted from all credited amounts from all stock, non-stock, or special order product. Additional limitations or costs may be imposed upon their return including those required by the manufacturer of the product.