SpecSeal FireStop Pillow 1" x 4" x 9"
Mfr. Part #: SSB14
Roll Over To Zoom
SpecSeal Firestop Pillows are through-penetration firestop products resembling small cushions or soft bricks. These intumescent and highly resilient pillows are installed in openings by compressing and stacking into the opening in a brick-like fashion.SpecSeal Firestop Pillo...View More Details
About This Product
SpecSeal Firestop Pillows are through-penetration firestop products resembling small cushions or soft bricks. These intumescent and highly resilient pillows are installed in openings by compressing and stacking into the opening in a brick-like fashion.
SpecSeal Firestop Pillows consist of a mineral fiber core material sealed with a water-resistant intumescent membrane. This coated core material is then heat-sealed in a tough, nonirritating, fireretardant poly bag.
- Intumescent - expands in all directions for a tough, tight seal
- Reinstallable for easy retrofitting of cables
- Lightweight for ease of installation
- Easier wire screen requirements for large openings and 3 to 4 hour ratings
- Heat-sealed poly bag - strong & durable
- No sewn seams to unravel or tear, no irritating fiberglass
- Monolithic encapsulated core, no loose fill
- No special tools required
- Superior air leakage ratings
- Blank Opening
- Cable Tray
- Multi. Pen.
- Plastic Pipe
SpecSeal Firestop Pillows are designed for firestopping medium to large openings containing various penetrating items such as pipes, conduits, cables, insulated metal pipes, bus ducts and HVAC ducts. Pillows are particularly well suited for applications involving data, communications, power or control cables, innerducts and cable trays. This method of sealing offers easy retrofitting of cable installations without the need to damage the firestop seal. Difficult applications such as one-sided shaft wall installations and other applications where access is restricted to one side of the assembly may be easily firestopped with this material.
The firestopping system shall utilize an intumescent pillow heat sealed in a fire-retardant poly bag. The firestop pillow shall consist of a monolithic (one piece) core that is encapsulated on all sides by a flexible intumescent coating and shall not contain any loose fiber fill. The pillow shall be UL Certified and/ or FM Systems Approved and tested to the requirements of ASTM E814 (UL1479) and CAN/ULC-S115.
- ASTM E814 (UL1479)
- Division 7, 07 84 13, Penetration Firestopping
- Division 22, 22 00 00, Plumbing
- Division 23, 23 00 00, HVAC
- Division 26, 26 00 00, Electrical