HEY'DI K-11 is a breathable, two-part, polymer-modified, cement-based system for waterproofing concrete and masonry. HEY’DI K-11 has a texture and consistency similar to concrete and may be brush or spray applied. HEY’DI K-11 becomes an integral part of the wall and waterproofs the negative or positive side through a crystallization process. HEY’DI SB is the bonding agent used with HEY’DI K-11. It improves adhesion and flexibility, and reduces the permeability of the system. HEY’DI K-11 must be allowed to cure before applying a finishing floor system.
Features & Benefits
- Waterproofs a wide variety of surfaces including concrete, medium/heavy weight block, brick and shotcrete.
- Below or above grade surfaces
- Horizontal structural slabs
- Foundations & basements
- Dams & water reservoirs
- Sewage & water treatment plants
- HEY’DI K-11 is certified by NSF/ ANSI Standard 61 for use in water/wastewater treatment facilities
- HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT is approved for use by the Canadian MTQ
- Do not re-temper HEY’DI K-11.
- Do not apply to frozen or frost filled surfaces or when temperature is below or expected to fall below 40 °F (4 °C) within 48 hours.
- Do not apply HEY’DI K-11 at temperatures above 90 °F (32 °C), unless the surface has been fully saturated with water at the time the application begins.
- HEY’DI K-11 is not designed as a wearing surface. Apply a protective topcoat before subjecting it to traffic.
- When applied to the inside of open cisterns, tanks, pools, etc., do not fill with water for at least 7 days after application.
- Ensure that adequate ventilation is available during the application and the full curing period when using HEY’DI K-11 containing HEY’DI SB BONDING AGENT in enclosed tanks or reservoirs. Allow minimum 7 days drying time before backfilling unless protection board is used.
- Allow 7 days cure at 75 °F (24 °C) before covering or before the application of waterbased decorative coatings.
- Do not apply coatings containing lime over HEY’DI K-11.
- Allow minimum 7 days cure before placing HEY’DI K-11 in service.
- When HEY’DI K-11 is used in areas exposed to chemicals or high-sulfate containing soils, consult technical service for specific recommendations.
- Apply a test patch to evaluate performance and appearance on concrete or block substrates which have been subjected to contamination, efflorescence or chemical attack.
- In all cases, consult the Safety Data Sheet before use.